Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kanta

You’re like the pale moon

On a summer’s night

That shimmers and glows

To my heart’s delight

And I watch the sun rise

As it spreads its rays

Still you lay on my shoulder

You feel my heart begin to race

You’re like a rocket

And I’m the stars

You reach for me

Amidst hurting scars

And I’m the philosopher

I search for meaning

But it left me clueless

About our beginning

Once I begin

This tale of you and I

We don’t have to ask what if

We don’t have to wonder why

Coz we both are songs

One is the music, the other words

Without the other

The meaning blurs

But without words

There is still sense

The notes keep changing

Harmonies and blends

And without music

There is still poetry

We can play with rhymes

We can get by easily

So what for is you and me?

They say what makes us alike

Are ties that bind

But all the better what makes us different

You keep that in mind.

Coz we both are songs

One is the music, the other words

Without the other

The meaning blurs

J

2 comments:

  1. I once had a collection of poetry entitled: "The Scent of Tears and Butterflies".

    Wow. Serendipity happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i'll try to compile my lit stuff hahaha (if i ever get to find all of them and then maybe you can comment para mas maimprove :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis!